As we continue to assess the effectiveness of the Discover Me Program we recognized some additional needs. These needs will be address as we meet the following 5 goals:
Short-Term Goals for Discover Me
- Weekly Sessions — Hold sessions weekly, instead of twice a month.
- Parent Workshops — Assess the needs of parents of participants and address those needs through parent workshops.
- Daughters of Esther Mentor Program — Implement a mentor program for young ladies 15-18 years of age.
- Summer Program — Add a summer program that will be an extension of the Discover Me:Health Unit and will focus on healthy living, healthy lifestyles, and the importance of exercise.
- Additional Partnerships — Partner with 3 other Boys and Girls Clubs that service at-risk* youth.
* At-risk youth is defined as youth who have a high exposure to violence, drugs & alcohol, sexual behavior, and criminal behavior.by